Healthy Snacks for Halloween – Weelicious Family Recipes
On occasion, especially special occasions like Halloween, I like to look up websites that I can plunder for an edible munchies list of great recipes! Holiday fun can include a host of ghouls and pumpkins that are made out of simple—and HEALTHY—ingredients like bananas and tangerines… these make for healthy snacks for Halloween or otherwise.
So what healthy snacks for Halloween will you dig up this year? I have assembled a few suggestions here taken from a favorite family recipe website that I found and enjoy called Weelicious. Great snacks for kids and adults alike! Consider the one in the photo above… tangerine pumpkins and banana ghosts!
Tangerine Pumpkins and Banana Ghosts – Healthy snacks for Halloween
- 4 bananas (any size)
- Dark (semi-sweet) chocolate chips, regular sized and mini-sized (or use carob)
- 4 tangerines or mandarin oranges
- 1 stalk of celery
1. Peel bananas, cut them in half, and place the cut side down (you want the banana halves to stand up on their own).
2. Use small chocolate chips for the ghost eyes, and use the large chocolate chips for making ghost mouths… try inserting the point of the chip into the banana to stick.
3. Peel the tangerines or mandarins.
4. Cut celery stalk lengthwise into thirds and then across into half-inch pieces. Insert celery pieces into the center/tops of the peeled tangerines/mandarins so that they resemble pumpkins.
Here are some other website links for healthy snacks for Halloween… well, not all of them are completely healthy, but they are made, when possible, with whole wheat, real fruit, or other natural ingredients, where possible, so have fun and enjoy!
“Fingernails” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Green Blood” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Mummy wraps” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Loose fingers” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“RIP graves” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Dirt and Worms” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Spider web” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Beetle cheese” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Dead fingers” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
“Hairy meat” – Healthy snacks for Halloween
These recipes are also fun at Halloween parties, at other times of the year, or special events. Enjoy!
The author of this story is a freelance contributor to National Nutraceuticals’ online news portals, such as Amino Acid Information Center at http://www.aminoacidinformation.com and Vancouver Health News at http://www.VancouverHealthNews.ca. National Nutraceuticals, Inc. also owns and operates a third health news portal focusing on medicinal mushrooms at http://medicinalmushroominfo.com, plus our newest portal at http://todayswordofwisdom.com.
If you like our news sites and would like to have your own one, contact Zorilla Marketing at http://www.zorillamarketing.com. We specialize in building online news portals and provide content marketing services.